Posted by Dating Guru
on September 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM
In order to keep his attention this fall you’re going to have to pad up and get gritty – metaphorically speaking of course. If you really want to get him in the sack, it’s time to speak his language. Turn your Facebook time down, pick up your pen and start taking notes on this list of this season’s vital vocabulary. Learn HIS game, while improving YOUR game.
- Pass: (v.) The action of throwing the ball to another player.
- IDOU definition: Making a move on the man of your interest.
- Bump and Run strategy: (n.) Strategy in which a defensive player tries to interrupt a receiver’s run with their arms, hands, or entire body.
- IDOU definition: Intentionally bumping into the man of interest and shamelessly flirting during the apology. If he doesn’t pick up on the blatant flirting, you run.
- Interception: (n.) The catching of a pass thrown by an opposing player.
- IDOU definition: When your friend intercepts his flirting, and scores a date with him. Oh no, she didn’t!!!
- Goal Line: (n.) The line indicating the end-zone.
- IDOU definition: Relationship status change on Facebook. Once this line is crossed you’ve achieved your goal.
- Nickel Back: (n.) An extra, or fifth, defensive back. Named after the coin, worth five cents.
- IDOU definition: A band you never listen to, while trying to score. Never, ever.
- Sack: (v.) Tackling a ball carrier who intends to throw a forward pass. (Typically the quarterback.)
- IDOU definition: (n.) A place in which naked tackling takes place. (Typically the bed.)
- “Too many men on the field.” (n.) A penalty, caused by confusion in the swapping of players, leading to too many players on the field at one time.
- IDOU definition: There is no such thing. Keep your options open in case he’s not the one. ;)
- Three-point stance (n.) A down lineman's stance with three “points” on the ground, his two feet and one of his hands.
- IDOU definition: A stance you may want to try. Your man may be very into it and, you may be too.
- Touchdown: (n.) Scoring 6 points by a player running (or receiving) the ball in the end-zone.
- IDOU definition: The whole point of you learning all of this. So you can score!!
We hope this football primer gets you off to a great start this football season, along with all the touchdowns your heart desires.